In order to participate in Blog Projects, you must add your Blog to your account. All users must also enable their Google Analytics in order to be eligible for any Blog Projects. This article will walk you through setting up your Blog in the platform.
1. Once logged into your account click on your Avatar at the top and select Connections.
2. From here you will be taken to your Connections dashboard. Click on Add Connection. If you already have a Connection added you will need to click on Add Connection in the bottom right-hand corner of your dashboard.
3. On the flyout, choose the Connection you would like to add. For the purpose of this article we will select, Add Blog. If you have a WordPress.com account, please connect it as a general Blog connection and not a Wordpress connection.
4. A pop-up window will appear. Enter your Blogʼs name and URL in the respective fields and then hit Submit.
5. In that same pop-up window, you will be asked to manually verify your Blog. You will be provided with a randomly generated code that you will need to place on your Blog for only a few seconds while our system verifies it. This can be in your sidebar, footer, or in a Blog post, so long as the Blog post preview of the code is visible on the home page. Once the Verification Code is on your Blog, go back to your account and hit Verify. Now that your Blog has been successfully connected, you may remove the Verification Code from your Blog.
6. Next, you will need to fill out all of your Connection's information. Filling out the Asking Price, Communities, Tags and Target Audience will help Marketers locate your Connection for their Campaigns. As you fill out this information the Connection Completion percentage will increase. You connection will only be 100% complete If you filled out all of the information on all three tabs. If would like more information, this article will provide you with more detail on optimizing your Connection.
Once you have added all of your details on the Connection Overview and Target Audience tabs, select Next.
7. Next, you will need to enable Google Analytics for your Blog within the platform. To do this select Authorize and then click Allow in the pop-up that follows. When authorizing your Google Analytics please make sure not to confuse your Google Analytics login credentials with your Google/Gmail credentials. If you need further assistance connecting your Google Analytics, please view this article for a full walk-through.
8. Once you have finished adding your Google Analytics, select Done.