If you have completed work with an Editor and that work was not done through the workflow in the system, you can request a payment from them on your Direct Pay dashboard. This article will walk you through requesting a Payment from the Editor (labeled as Marketer in the system).
1. First make sure that your phone number has been verified and your PayPal has been added to the system. The following articles will help you with how to do that:
- Ebyline Creators - How To Add And Verify Your Phone Number
- Ebyline Creators - How To Add Your PayPal Email
2. Navigate to your Finance section by clicking the dropdown under your Avatar at the top right-hand corner of your screen.
3. From there click Direct Pay and once you are in the Direct Pay dashboard, click Request Payment in the bottom right-hand corner.
4. A flyout will appear asking you for a Description of your payment. This is how Editors will be able to determine what your payment is specifically for so be sure to include your article name here. You will also need to include the name of the Marketer who will be sending your payment.
5. To locate the Marketer, enter their Account name in the box provided and click the magnifying glass icon. Once their account populates, click the name of the Marketer and then Create Payment Request.
6. On the Payment Request page, click Create Line Item in the top right-hand corner.
7. From here, you will need to enter the following information:
This will be the date that the payment request was submitted. The date will auto-populate to today's date or you can select a different date from the calendar drop-down.
This will be the amount agreed upon by you and the Marketer.
Type of Payment
As a Content Creator, you will need to choose from one of the options provided. Article is most commonly used.
Your notes are just a short description if you want to include anything additional.
Attachements (jpg, PDF, or docx)
If you have any attachments for your payment request, like receipts or completed work, you may add them here.
8. After you have filled out all of the required information, click Create Line Item.
9. Now that you have included all of your information for this report, click Submit For Review. If you would like to add more Line Items or edit this Payment Request at a later date, click Save Payment.